- Year (Vintage): 1988
- Mileage (miles): 65100
- Transmission: Manual
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Registration: Irish
- Full Name: Pat Lynch
- Phone: +353868265059
- County / State: Dublin
- Country: Ireland
- Subscriber to Irish Vintage Scene or Retro Classics magazines?: No
- Listed: June 1, 2022 10:18 am
- Expires: 5 days, 2 hours
The 2.8 Ghia 4×4 estate is now a very rarely seen trim model with only 3 Sierra estates in total left on UK roads according to How Many Left.
This car is powered by the 2792cc Cologne V6 engine claiming to produce 135bhp when manufactured, alongside a 5-speed manual gearbox.
At the time of manufacture the 4×4 four-wheel system was one of the most advanced on the market combined with the power and torque of the 2.8 litre V6 engine also used in the Ford Capri.
The car had it’s 15 minutes of fame being test driven by Fuzz Townsend on Youtube. He thought it behaved beautifully, made all the right noises, and suggested it was the start of the modern age of vehicles.
• Factory fitted air conditioning (requires re commissioning)
• 65,100 genuine miles
• Original Factory fitted RS bodykit, decals and wheels
• 5 speed manual gearbox
• Power steering
• Electric windows
• Original Diamond White paintwork
• Original fully functioning 6 speaker sound system.
• Tilt and slide factory fitted sunroof
• Tinted glass for rear privacy
This estate has a large boot space in very clean condition confirming this estate car has had a very easy life.
The car benefits from a recent overhaul costing €4k including
• Rear subframe removed and overhauled
• Full service
• Undersealed with Dinitrol
• New track rods
• New suspension
• Front and rear discs replaced with new pads and callipers
• New sections of brake pipes
• Replaced rear bearings
• New bushings all around