- Year (Vintage): 1971
- Mileage (miles): 3,000
- Transmission: Manual
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Registration: Irish
- Full Name: Steve Facer
- Phone: 0872611619
- Mobile No.: 087 2611619
- County / State: Dublin
- Country: Ireland
- Subscriber to Irish Vintage Scene or Retro Classics magazines?: No
- Listed: July 10, 2017 10:19 am
- Expires: 18 days, 11 hours
1971 original chrome bumper MGB GT with wire wheels. 4 speed gearbox with working overdrive on 3rd & 4th. Lots spent to make this a reliable daily driver ready for another 45+ years. Harvest gold with tan interior.
– Brand new Ivor Searle remanufactured engine (only 3,000 miles)
– New radiator, water pump, hoses, new uprated oil cooler, new steering rack.
– Electronic ignition and matching new coil
– New Borg & Beck clutch with heavy duty release bearing
– New upgraded front brakes (drilled & grooved discs, new calipers, green stuff pads, braided hoses), new rear brake shoes, pistons and braided hoses.
– Uprated suspension with Gaz adjustable shock absorbers & polyurethane bushes.
Newly upholstered front seats
Lovely Wooden steering wheel
Webasto sun roof. All the fun of a soft top with all the protection of a GT
Cosmetically there are a some surface rust bubbles but the body work is very solid and there is no structural rust. She looks really good when polished up but to be honest the last paint job wasn’t the greatest. Long term a respray would be nice and then she’d really be ready for another 45 years.
This is a really good, honest, solid GT. Needs to be driven and looked after.
Genuine reason for sale (I’m looking for a Caterham 7 :))